pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Morning ride

I took my Peugeot PH 501 with the new Mundialita saddle on a short test ride along the Historic Route 66, through parts of Arcadia, Monrovia, and Duarte. Despite having lived here for 10 years, I realized only recently that the Route 66 passed through this area. I've driven many times on what is now  Huntington Drive/Foothill Boulevard, but never really paid any attention to what "historical" things may lie along it. I wanted to document some of these sceneries today, but it got difficult with increasing traffic of people driving to work. I'll try this again soon on a weekend, and hopefully it'll be less crowded.
The Mundialita saddle wasn't so bad with my padded bike pants. I did start to feel a small uncomfortable pressure after about an hour of riding, but maybe playing with the saddle position will get rid of it. It's got a very different shape than my other saddles with the back raised much higher, so I wasn't quite sure how to set it up.

Santa Anita Race Track in the background; not part of the Route 66 (1/18/11)

Under the 210 Freeway (1/18/11)

In front of the Duarte City Hall (1/18/11)

Andres Avelino Duarte -- Supposedly a Mexican Corporal who owned a 7000-acre ranch in the area?? (1/18/11)

Westbound in Monrovia (1/18/11)

Westbound in Arcadia (1/18/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment