pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Exploring the Neighborhood

It's been 9 months since I moved to the "new" neighborhood. Even though I say "new", it's actually only a couple miles away from my "old" neighborhood. But it's up in the foothills of the San Gabriel mountains, making it much more of a workout just to ride around the neighborhood due to all the hills, and deterring me from exploring much.
However, I was getting bored of my usual bike routes, so I browsed through Google Maps to find any interesting places in the neighborhood, without having to go too far. I saw a park about a mile and half away, so I rode there without expecting much. However, it turns out that the park is actually an opening to a trail into the mountains. I went there too late in the evening to explore much, but I did take some pictures.

Doesn't look like Southern California -- too much green... (4/12/10)

Looking south-ward (4/12/10)

Some kind of a reservoir? (4/12/10)

(4/12/10)

The creek was dry (4/12/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment