pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Another frame sold: 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport

I sold the frame/fork of what I think is a 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport for $25. I originally got it as a part of a police auction. It's fully lugged, and got a bi-plane fork crown, which I really like. If it had fit me, I would have kept it, too, since I think it would've made a good commuter bike. It also with some desirable parts, which I did keep. They include Sugino AT cranks, Saturne (?) rims, Blackburn rear rack, Suntour Power thumb shifters, etc. It also came with a Cr-Mo bull moose handlebar, but I am thinking of selling it if I can. Just as a record, this came with a 26.4 mm SR Laprade seatpost.

1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport - Side view (4/24/11)

1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport - Special Series Touring Chrome-Moly Tubing decal (4/24/11)

1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport - Seat lug and Specialized seatpost clamp lever (4/24/11)

1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport - Bottom bracket, lugged (4/24/11)

1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport - Cable routing braze-ons (4/24/11)

1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport - Rear Dropout (4/24/11)

1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport - Front view (4/24/11)

1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport - Bi-plane fork crown (4/24/11)

1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport - Fork decal (4/24/11)

1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport - Specialized bull moose handlebar, top view (4/19/11)

1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport - Specialized bull moose handlebar, side view (4/19/11)

6 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm actually the guy that bought this one!

    I've been looking into using frame blocks to clean up the kickstand dents in the chainstays, and then it's going to the powder coater and getting built as a commuter/tourer with drop bars.

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim, I ended up sizing one up to a Shimano triple I had laying around. It ended up being a 107mm spindle and works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, if you go to any more Police auctions, let me know - maybe we can go in on some bids if there are lots of big lots of bikes... Now that this one is mostly finished, it's time to start the next project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just been handed an '84 stumpjumper. No wheels, no rear brakes. Only the small chainring on thre crank. There is a front deraillier. No seat but an oversized post pounded in. The bullmouse are in excellet shape with almost perfect chrome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great project bike. Hope you're bringing back to its original glory!

      Delete